ULAB EMBA envisions to transform business students and professionals into outstanding and effective business leaders. It is unique for its focus on increasing the employability and professional network of its graduates. We do this not only by deploying global standard business faculty in our EMBA classes, but also through a market driven curriculum, guest lectures, industry visits, and a mixture of global and local case studies.
We discuss the current conceptual and theoretical models, issues, and concerns of the diverse and rapidly changing global business environment.
• Summarize the significant differences in business practices in different parts of the world and understand how these differences affect managing companies in various countries.
• Evaluate and critique the business practices in various countries throughout the world to determine the better practices in these countries and how they can be applied to other countries.
• Devise appropriate strategies for professional development in order to work effectively and professionally.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) program is one of the demanding and highly accepted program in the region. The program is constantly updated and monitored by a high-power, independent academic council. This program emphasizes discussion, seminar, workshop and project based method. It also digs into managerial experience and research, and research based learning in combination with textbooks.
Students will normally complete the requirements for the degree within twenty months from the date of admission.
Minimum six credits (or two courses); maximum twelve credits (or four courses) per semester. Permission of the graduate program office is required for exceptions.
Credit Transfer & Course Waivers
Both waivers and transfer may be allowed for courses completed in other universities. Waiver is allowed only for foundation courses/ workshops and transfer may be allowed for courses which are equivalent to ULAB graduate level courses.
Students must complete a minimum of 24 credits at ULAB to earn EMBA degree.
Please Click Here to see our Tuitions.
- Successful completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- 3 years work experience in an executive position (length may relaxed for otherwise deserving candidates).
- Passing the admission test and / or interview.
Admission form is available for Tk. 500 Completed admission forms must include copies of mark-sheets, certificates & testimonials of previous examinations (SSC & HSC or “O” & “A” levels, bachelor degree) and four copies of recent passport-size photographs.
Type No. of Course Credit Foundation courses 4 12 Workshops 3 6 Core Courses 4 12 Open Elective 1 3 Concentration Electives 3 9 Capstone Courses 1 3 Total 16 45
Capstone Course (3 credits)
After successful completion of all foundation and core courses students integrate the acquired concepts by a process of synthesis accomplished through the course Strategic Management.
EMBA600 Strategic Management
The students are allowed to do double major or ‘a major & a minor’. Students may take two additional courses from a second area, which will be considered as a minor.
Students who already graduated may also be allowed to register in relevant major courses for which a separate certificate will be issued.